pregnancy calendar

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Week One- Let's Get Healthy


I have completed week one on Weight Watchers! I did fairly well. I am down 2 lbs. Sometimes I did better than others counting my points, but overall that went well. I even had a gooey fudge birthday cake! It's amazing how we can eat out of habit and consume those extra pounds. Analyzing everything that goes in the mouth is hard but worth the extra effort.

I exercised once at Curves and twice I did 2 big miles with Leslie Sansone. Has anyone ever done that? It is actually called Four Big Miles, but I do half. :) Let me tell you...it had me sweating from head to toe! I think I am going to Curves again this morning. My goal for Curves is Mon-Wed-Fri. But, that's not always easy. The DVD will be good in between with Leslie Sansone.

I am so excited several of you are joining me in this! The support helps so very much! I could not do it without! So how did your week go? Come on, I want to hear the good, the bad, and everything in between.

6 comments:

Lora Lease said...

It's been an interesting week. I "thought" I was eating well before starting this... but I discovered that not to be true. LOL I've been watching what I eat (even survived going to a ladies tea with lots of goodies offered, and going out to eat yesterday!), working out (couch to 5K, Wii Fit & using my small arm weights each day- to try to combat my arms waving at me- hehe). I was pleasantly surprised this morning to see I've lost 5 pounds this past week!

For anyone who has a phone or ipod touch with apps, there are several weight watcher ones offered. I have a Droid, and found one where you can enter in the nutrition info (like on the points ruler like thing), and it gives you the points (nice to have when shopping). Another that I keep track of my weight, points, etc... on (I like using this better than the calculator, as it's more handy), and another that you can search for different foods, and it gives you the points.

Cheryl said...

Ok, my week was not so hot. I did moderately well in the daytime, but evenings are my downfall. I am tired, and that is when I want to snack. I did well the first half of the week. THEN we had a birthday at our house. Lots of pie was the dessert of choice by the birthday boy. That threw me off track, and I didn't totally recover till yesterday. All that said, I did lose one pound. So it wasn't a total failure! My goal is to get more exercise in this week if I can stay out of the car long enough. Congrats Lora and Jenny. Great work!!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys me... Reederbunch.

I got grief last night at prayer meeting for not weighing in. My normal weigh in day is Friday, but I did it one day early for you Jen. :) So, I was very pleased with my week. I am down 3 lbs. Yay!

SpringMeadowsMama said...

Way to go Reederbunch...you go, girl! Now, who would that be that gave you grief last night?

Becky said...

I exercised every day but I ate too much chocolate, sigh!

Catherine said...

I ran about 18 miles this week and did ok with eating. As far as weight loss...I think our scale is broken- seriously. :(