Do you ever feel like there are times when you are writing history? I mean, those ah-ha moments when you watch your child doing something you did as a child. Or, when you child asks you if you know the story of Little Red Riding Hood? (Yes, I was asked that quite recently by my almost 8 year old.) I have had one of those moments today. Yes, after over 25 years...I taught my children...how to play Chinese Jumproap. How many days at recess did we practice and play? How many times did we compare who had the cooler jumprope, who could jump the highest, and who could say the chant the fastest. It is engrained in me. "In! Out! Side by Side! On! Off! Chisel!" And how thrilling when you were able to complete such a feat. How embarrasing when you did not. How many giggles with your girlfriends over the mistakes and how much fun we all had! So tonight for the first time...I taught my children all about it. We laughed and laughed and they were delighted. It has been passed down for another generation. And what delight it gives a mama's heart to enjoy her children with something as simple as a stretched out piece of elastic from her sewing supplies.

No comments:
Post a Comment