pregnancy calendar

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Let's Get Healthy- day one!


Welcome to day one of our Let's Get Healthy challenge!! I am so excited, so in the words of another "Let's do this!" I have been so encouraged that there are others that want to join me in this. It will make it so much more fun this way and I hope we can bless each other through this journey.


There are still a couple of you left to introduce yourself...and spread the word if anyone else wants to jump in. I will probably stick with a once a week post on Let's Get Healthy and then we can have conversation all through the week in the comments section. Just make sure you check back there often, or have the box clicked "Email me follow-up comments". I would love to hear recipes, tips and shortcuts that help you too!


So off to day one. I stepped on the scale and did not like what I saw. I need to use a few more pounds than I thought! But then, that is why we are doing this right? Anyways, I started a notepad page on my computer to track my weight and I also went over to Sparkpeople.com and logged it in. Has anyone else used that website. It has all sorts of helpful, free tools for weight loss.


A couple reminder tips:


  • write down, write it down, write it down. Tracking is such a big key.

  • if you are counting points...remember, you can have 10 baby carrots for free. So when you feel hungry, grab a carrot!

  • think about how you want to divide your points (or calories). I like to have a beefy supper and a snack at night, so I save alot of points for the end of the day. But, others love a big breakfast and go light the rest of the day. It doesn't matter as long as you keep within your points. Now, there are health experts that say that you should not eat after a certain time at night. But, for now, my late night snack cravings win out. :)

So onward and upward...tell me your plan and how you are today! Let's roll! (did someone say gooey cinnamon roll? oh, I guess not!)

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

Ok, day one here I come!! Pencil? Check. Tracker? Check. Points calculator? Check. Willpower? Um, not so much, but here we go...
J, how do we subscribe to the email updates? I can't find it.

SpringMeadowsMama said...

I used to have the email subscription but don't have it up now, Cheryl. Some of my family and friends I have put on a list that I directly email my blog to. I could do that with you, but then you cannot comment. And I want lots of comments! :)

BTW, went to curves today and bit the bullet and had her measure me so I could have a baseline for this. I was depressing though to look at what I was when they measured and weighed 2 yrs ago. Sigh. But, that is about to change. Go, go, go Ladies!!

Catherine said...

Hey, I want to do it too! I meant to tell you sooner but things came up...KIDS. I'm in another group but more accountability won't hurt :). I got your message and will try to email you the rules of our group. I want to lose 20lb max but will be very happy with 15. I'm working on the last bit of weight my beautiful babies left behind.

SpringMeadowsMama said...

Great! Glad to have you join up Cat! I really need the accountability! Hug those beautiful babies for me!

Lora Lease said...

I'm so glad to be a part of this. :) My goal is to lose 20 pounds (30 would be even better!), and to get myself in better shape. I need to dig my Weight Watcher stuff out (found a kit at a garage sale a few weeks ago) and familiarize myself with it all. I did do weight watchers years ago, so it shouldn't be too hard. I'm also doing the Couch to 5K program, which is kicking my you-know-what. LOL Kind of discouraging that I'm on my 2nd week of that, with no weight loss or change, although I do feel a lot better.

Catherine said...

Bad news. I am motivated to lose this weight (good). I have I.T. band syndrome (bad). I ran 5 miles every morning this week and now have a bit of pain in my knees. I should have listened to my husband to slow down on the running. Now I need to wait a few days and start again on Monday.

SpringMeadowsMama said...

so sorry to hear that Cat, well the Lord in his providence is slowing you down. Maybe to snuggle the babies more this weekend. :)