pregnancy calendar

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Jehovah Jireh-The Lord our provider

Today we had a family outing. I wanted to look for some things at the local thrift shop. So I gathered up my
little chick-a-dees and we headed into town. Some of them wanted/needed particular things. H needed some "little shirts"-which we found for her. J needed some shoes and he was thrilled to find just what he needed. Both R and E had some money that they wanted to shop with, so they found flip flops, and several odds and ends. W was thrilled that he and his brother got wedge golf clubs and now they are planning out to make their own course outside using cans dug into the ground. But, what struck me the most was Dbo's desire. He wanted "sketcher" shoes. I was hoping that we could find some shoes that we similar to sketchers, that would satisfy him. But our Lord had made provision for one of His little ones. There at the store...were actual "Sketchers" that fit my precious D. I told him that the Lord gave him those shoes. What a blessing to see our God care for the little details in a 6 year old's life.

Also, with the changes made in our house now, we will be vacuuming the dining room rug often. Well, I told D this was going to be his particular job. So today at the thrift shop we found a Bissell lightweight vacuum that can be pushed or handheld..still in the box. I gave it to him and told him it was his very own and we would even write his name on it. His face glowed and he gave me a big hug. :)


After our shopping we headed to the mark and we had pizza and played at the park. We returned hot, sweaty and tired but it was a fun day.

I am heading back out in about an hour to do our normal Thursday night grocery shopping with Stef, who is being picked up on S's way home. Busy day!

No comments: