pregnancy calendar

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Household Changes

I moved today, but I still have the same address.

Today has been a very, very full day.  My Mama, who is one of the most creative people I know, came up with a wonderful idea
to utilize my space better in this house.  As some of you may know, we love this house until we are able to be at SpringMeadows.
It is very spacious except for in one area..the kitchen. There is a small eating area and I did not have alot of kitchen storage space.
Every meal we have had to rearrange the chairs and push the table back against the wall to make more space. I have battled messy cabinets for awhile now because everything was very crowded. So here is what we did.
I have a fairly large living room, so we moved the furniture around to make a smaller living area and now one half of the room is the eating area/dining.
After going on Craigs list, we found a beautiful rug to go under the table that matches my colors and decor in the living room beautifully.
Now the area that was the eating area off the kitchen, is an extention of the kitchen.  We put up shelves and I moved a cabinet from another room in.  I
There is now so much space for everything.  The microwave, coffee maker, kitchen aid, etc is all over on that side, as well as other things on the shelves.
I really, really like it.  Now we have to rehang pictures.  Everything feels so fresh and ordered.

We have had my friend Esther here for a few days and hope that she will come back again later on this week.  She and her family are such good friends of ours, from our
church.  Her husband is out of the country for a month, so we always enjoy having her and her daughters when they can come.

Last Saturday we helped a family move into their home.  They have relocated here from NC to be a part of our church.  Our church is really growing!  Four new
families in a short span of time.  We actually are moving into a new building soon.  The carpenters are working on it, and we hope to move in at the end of the
summer.  We have been very cramped at the meeting place GPC has been at for years and are looking forward to having a more spacious place.  Until then we are in a temporary place.

Tonight while S was working, mom, Patti, Stef and I watched "The Lakehouse".  Very strange, non-reality, but a very sweet story.

S is doing the "Lemonade Diet" and is on day 3.  I told him he is at the worse point now and tomorrow should be better. He is doing really well, but is planning our all the foods he is going to eat!

Hope everyone is having a good week!

No comments: