pregnancy calendar

Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 7

I decided to blog about my day while my family was eating their delicious, luscious, savory, melt-in-your-mouth, succulent, aromatic chili that Stef made today.  Not that I am thinking about food.  I mean chili really does sound good, but the lasagna she made for them to have tomorrow night sounds even better, but then it is hard to top last Friday night's pizza. Actually, I still want that savory steak loaded with mushrooms and onions with a baked potato all the way and a caesar salad.   But, not to be thinking about food.  

Instead let's talk about how skinny my ankles are.  Yes.  I just said that.  Stef and I were laughing today when I pointed it out.  Of course I am noticing the water weight that is off my ankles.  But, it's not like I did this diet to have skinny ankles. I am down 8 lbs though and feeling like I can finish out this thing.  3 more full days on my "lemonade" and then my "Ease Out" day is on Friday.

I was reading about each day of the diet on the website and it is amazing how similar people feel, and think on certain days.  At least I am not the only one to think the first three days are pretty, let's just say awful.  My dad makes this diet look really easy.  He sails through like life is normal.  He is down twice as much as me and plans on going at least through next week.  Not me.  I am ready for food.  I sure have loved his support through it all and it has been fun making our drinks together.  Listen to me talk, I talk as though I am through and I still have a few more days to go.  Yup, that steak can just wait a little while longer.  But, I can see the homestretch, baby!

2 comments:

The Vernon Family said...

Congrats on the 2# lost overnight!
BTW I think you can finish it!

SpringMeadowsMama said...

Thanks! I may have actually been down 7 yesterday, but whenever it comes off I am thankful. Thanks for the encouragement! :)