pregnancy calendar

Monday, November 9, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook




FOR TODAY
October 9, 2009...
Outside my window... it's a gray, cloudy day today. Prediction of high of 68 degrees.
I am thinking...that I am feeling weak and shaky because my body is adjusting to being on the first day of my new "flat belly diet". But my measurements and weight that I documented this morning to mark my progress confirm that I really need to do this!
I am thankful for...grace.
From the learning rooms...lots of work being done as I type, we had a lesson in history today about Buddhism and the founder of it. We did a comparison with Christianity and I sought to drive home that there is no way, but through Jesus.
From the kitchen...cereal for breakfast, melted cheese for the children's lunch, chicken is thawing in the sink for supper.
I am wearing...a blue polo shirt and my blue gingham checked skirt
I am creating...a hot fudge sundae in my head ;)
I am going...to meet with mom and dad tonight to have a planning meeting for our trip a week from today.
I am reading...my Bible and sermon notes from yesterday
I am hoping...for lots of extra strength and energy this week!
I am hearing...the children doing their school, J is helping B figure out her math problem she is stuck on.
Around the house...is lots of busyness
One of my favorite things...is playing my violin and having my husband be surprised at how much I have progressed. (My son one day came in and said, You are doing good mom! It sounds like a squeeky mouse!")
A few plans for the rest of the week: VERY BUSY! Preparations for our trip. Shopping for supplies, packing, loading van and travel trailer, getting oil changed on van. Plus, a Keepers Meeting (tea party/hospitality!) and piano recital for a friend to go to on Sat. Pulling out by 6am Monday morning to head to Tx! (So, no Simple Woman's Daybook for a couple weeks.)
I am looking forward to...seeing my brother and all the exciting graduation events at Air Force Boot Camp!!! Stopping over to see several friends in Houston over lunch time on the way there. Enjoying time with Mom and Dad/Grandma and Grandpa. Falling back into my husband's arms again 9 days later!
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

A new family member has been born and will be added to our home in just a few weeks. S said I got to name her this time. I will introduce her later with a picture of just her.

For more Simple Woman's Daybook, visit Peggy.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Enjoyed your daybook. The puppies and mama dog are lovely. Hope you have a blessed week.