pregnancy calendar

Monday, November 2, 2009

Taken the plunge...


I have taken the plunge and spent six dollars at half.com to purchase the book The Flat Belly Diet. I really have been needing to get back to trying to get some of this excess "fluff" off. I used to blame it on the babies, but H is uh, how old?...oh yah, she will be 4 in Feb. Anyhow, why not do the tried and true weight watchers? Well, I could and seriously considered it, and may some day again. After all, I know the program and it really does work. But, after doing some research there are a few things I really like about this approach.
1. A friend of mine at church is doing it, so we can encourage each other. And. I. really. need. accountability. Going to ww meetings is just really hard at this stage in my life, so the support of a dear friend, who I see twice a week will be wonderful.
2. The diet is very healthy, using good fats, olive oil, nuts, avacados, and could I mention dark chocolate? They claim this is the key to getting rid of the belly fat. The MUFAs (Monounsaturated fatty acids) are very beneficial to your body.
3. They give you actual meal plans and menus to follow. This way I don't have to think. I have enough decisions in my life. It will be nice to be told what to eat. :)
4. Did I mention the dark chocolate in the plan?

Anyhow, just thought I would share this new journey that I am going to try to embark on. We shall see how it goes. Maybe I should wait though till after our out of town trip, because you know what it is like on the road. But then, we get home the day before Thanksgiving, you know what Thanksgiving is like. But then, we hope to go to Arkansas at the end of the year, you KNOW what Nona's cooking is like...OK, ENOUGH. I will be starting as soon as the book arrives...

2 comments:

The Vernon Family said...

Did you say dark chocolate? When do we start? :D BTW is it legal to start on chocolate before 11am?

SpringMeadowsMama said...

I had some dark chocolate before 11am today. :)