
I get so excited about our history course. If you remember we use Mystery of History and it is chronological from creation on. We study biblical history along with secular. It is giving us such a wonderful worldview of the Lord's dealings with His people, and also a perspective on the events in scripture and what was happening in the cultures around them.
Well we are up to about 460 BC now. Today we read about Xerxes bridge of boats over the Hellespont. FASCINATING STUFF! Xerxes was the son of Darius 1st (who started the first real postal system) He literally built a bridge using boats as his floating foundation. He built roads with high fences on top of the boats to get across. It took his army 7 days to cross. But you want to know the best part of all? His other name was Ahasuarus....Queen Esther's husband!!

2 comments:
Hi, we are just starting SOTW - I love History.
Re the typeface, I guess part of the problem is my ageing eyes :-) I find that it is "curly" and hard to focus on.
Love your new blog picture
Henrietta x
we read SOTW along with MOH and enjoy the story like way it is written.
the "curly" parts, are you talking about the font of my actual posts?
Post a Comment