pregnancy calendar

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Meditations


I have been spending time in Ps. 119 alot lately. It is such a beautiful expression of the prayer of the Christian. Have you ever stopped to consider how often in these prayers words like "quicken", "strengthen"and "enlarge" and other words like this are used? These past few months I have been reminded of my total weakness and inability apart from Christ. I have felt very much without strength. But really, aren't we always in this state, whether we realize it or not? Even when we feel ourselves to be able or strong--we really are nothing, without His grace. It is actually a mercy when we are shown our inability. It takes us off of ourselves, which is very much needed. We are so prone to lean upon our own strength (or apparent strength, that is)

So next time you are discouraged or feel empty...use Psalm 119 as your prayers unto Christ. He loves to hear us speak His word back to Him. And loves to grant our desires for "quickening". I am going to post below a few excerpts from this psalm.

25My soul cleaveth unto the dust: quicken thou me according to thy word.

28My soul melteth for heaviness: strengthen thou me according unto thy word.

32I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart.

107I am afflicted very much: quicken me, O LORD, according unto thy word.

116Uphold me according unto thy word, that I may live: and let me not be ashamed of my hope.

117Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe: and I will have respect unto thy statutes continually.

159Consider how I love thy precepts: quicken me, O LORD, according to thy lovingkindness.




No comments: