Tuesday was "inaugaration day" at our house. Normal "school" was cancelled..no textbooks today. Instead we all watched the events of the day, with Mommy commentating through it all. I really wanted it to be a learning experience for the children. I would tell them as past Presidents were shown, explain to them about what was happening, etc.
They had predicted snow for the area, so expectations were climbing. 1-3 inches they said. In the morning, W came to me and said that it had snowed outside. When I looked out, there was...a dusting. Oh well. Only when are you are from Tx do you go outside, scoop up what you can from the trampoline, and rub your hands in the grass for a picture to prove that you were out playing in the snow. I mean they did make a snowball (a teeny-tiny one). We even have a photo of it here in J's hand to back up my claim. It has warmed up now and today is absolutely beautiful crisp weather. I am thinking of going outside here in a bit.
Today we did school, lots of laundry, I cleaned two of the bathrooms, and I made the children deep clean their room. They are now out enjoying the fresh air.
In other news, I had another back injury (actually my first rib), not sure exactly what triggered it, but it was painful. When I would take a breath I would have sharp pains. I ended up going in twice to see the chiropractor and I am so thankful to the Lord, it is doing much better. After discussing it with my chiro, we think I should take a break from Curves and focus on pilates or some other form of lower impact exercise. I just have such a weakness in that upper back and it seems the littlest thing now triggers it, so I am going to try to strengthen my core doing other things, and re-evalute Curves in a few months. I had not been in awhile anyway, and have been needing to get back to some kind of exercise...so they are giving me a medical leave at Curves-where I won't completely drop my membership yet.
Don't ask me why that paragraph above is in blue..sometimes I can't figure blogger out. All I did was cut and paste that section and it changed color on me.
Well, there is my update. Have a good weekend everyone!

1 comment:
We also watched the inauguration with great interest and lots of discussion. It didn't mean the children get to skip lessons, though, cos it was on later here.
Fascinating to watch. Lots to learn and think about.
Love
H x x
Post a Comment