For those of you who have been sitting here with bated breath, checking this blog every 10 mins for any word, and couldn't sleep last night wondering if I was still alive after the sewing class...I did survive. In fact, I am excited to be back into it. It has motivated me to delve into it again. The woman who is teaching us is so gifted and can make all kinds of things, without patterns (audible gasp inserted here). She has me dreaming of no end of possibilities. She used R as a model to show how easy it was to make a dress. She literally held the material up to R and started cutting out the skirt, bodice and sleeves (another unbelievable gasp). All four of my older children and I are involved in this class. So yesterday they all had a turn at the machine, getting the hang of straight stitching. My friend has all kind of incentives to gain points to win prizes, which include scripture memory and Bible reading. So, it has the children motivated to take part in each of the activities. My two littles are staying with a dear woman from church who has such a heart for little children. Hers are all grown now and she really has a servants heart. So, D and H were full of news of the fun activities that they did while we were gone. Their theme yesterday? Pigs.
Today we are having a nice day at home, doing the normal Saturday kind of things. I went in to town to get groceries. In a little while we are going to go ride horses. No, not me, S won't let me get up on a horse right now with my back as touchy as it has been. But, the children are really enjoying learning how to ride. Our landlord has two horses and has been letting the children ride, right here on the property. It is a wonderful blessing. The older three are really able to ride on their own now, and even trot. E prefers to still be led by "Mr Randy", and even D and H get up and ride while being led.
I will close with the quote of the day. No, not from my children this time, but from a cashier at the grocery store. "Are you doing a monthly shopping?" "No, this will last us about a week". I love the shock value. Then the other cashier hands me my receipt that is five feet long...ok, I am exaggerating a little, but it was alot of food.

1 comment:
Hello, Mrs. E.! I like your new blog look!
*gasp* A sewing class?! Oh, how I wish I could attend! I love to sew, especially when you can make your own patterns! The sound of a sewing machine is like music to my ears...
By the way, we finally published our "tagged" post!
Please give my sister a hug from me tomorow!
In the Best of Bonds,
~S~
Post a Comment