pregnancy calendar

Friday, October 16, 2009

Remembering all over again


Someone deemed Oct 15th as Pregnancy and Infant loss remembrance day. I did not know that such a day existed till this year. But, I have felt the pain of loss 3 times as the Lord has taken our little ones home to be with Him. One was between my first and second, another after my 4th and then our little Sieta went to be with Jesus two years ago. As you remember we named him Sieta which is Spanish for 7. By far, baby Siete was the hardest. As I think back on our precious little child, seeing his little heartbeat on the scan, then another scan where there was silence. Marveling over his tiny perfection in our hands. Burying our child under the earth on our friend's land, with each sibling taking part. The tears and sorrow were strong. I had never known grief like that before. But, the Lord heals our hearts with time. There was a joy in knowing that our baby was with his Savior and supremely happy. I am submitted and content that the Lord doeth all things well. But, there are still times when I feel the hole. Times when I see other children that would have been his age…and I remember. This Oct 11th marked the two year anniversary of Baby Sieta’s untimely birth…I say untimely, but really it was the Lord’s perfect time. He never knew us, but he knows Jesus. It was with pain that I realized yesterday that I had forgotten. Not forgotten our precious child, but I let the day go by without remembering. My husband said, maybe that was a good thing. Maybe that shows that we have moved on…healed. I suppose so. But, part of me felt guilty too. I guess that is natural to feel that way. I would like to go to every woman considering an abortion and tell them about my baby…about how perfectly formed he was at such a young age. About how precious life truly is. Thank you, dear Lord, for giving us this little child for even the short time we had him. Thank you for letting us be a part in the forming of this little soul that is with you in glory now.

P.S You can read Baby Siete's whole story HERE.

2 comments:

JoyfulJessica said...

♥ Love You ♥

Unknown said...

Jenny, you'll never believe part of what the Lord is using to help me heal from my miscarriages...I AM going to women considering abortion, and should the Lord open the door, I will tell them about my babies. I've just finished my classroom training and have started shadow counseling. It has been VERY difficult, wounding, but healing, as well.

I didn't know about 10/15, either, but in the Lord's providence...it is another significant date in my ongoing story of loss, and now it as new meaning, as well.

I'm thankful for all my tiny, little people, both those here and those with the Lord.