
Having a globe is essential to every homeschool home. We used to have one, but it bit the dust awhile ago and we have done without since then. With our current history program we are covering quite a bit of geography with leaning simultaneously about different areas of civilization. Thus, I thought it was time to try and find a globe. But, much to my chagrin they are very, very expensive. It seems globes are of great value these days. Now mind you, I just want an inexpensive globe to show my children where these different events in history take place. Therefore words like, cheap, wholesale, inexpensive, on sale, discount…come to my mind. I did draw the line though at an inflatable globe. No, that would not do. Imagine my delight when I found on amazon.com a globe that was on sale for only ten dollars. TEN DOLLARS! Now, we are talking. So I eagerly hit my buy-with-one-click button and it was done. Now, I was being the frugal homemaker, the thrifty jane, the scrupulous sally. Contented in my purchase I went on with life.

1 comment:
Jenny,
We're still enjoying your stories. FYI, after using a gift card to buy a $30 globe at Borders, I later found the same basic globe at Walmart for $15--and they were both regular size. The same globe at the "teacher supply" store was $50. I wish you better success on your next attempt.
There's a ton of stuff I could say, but no time now. Hopefully I'll send a real email soon.
Pam
Post a Comment