Some of you may remember last year my post about when we were so blessed to be able to pick muscadine grapes at a nearby beautiful vineyard. We had our friends the Huddles with us then. S made the most delicious wine you have ever tasted from it! I mean the BEST! We pass the vineyard many times as we drive into town and watch the progress of the grapes throughout the year. Well, harvest has come again this year. We were able to go and pick 15 gallons of grapes! My parents and Esther and her girls came along with us and it was a fun time. I managed to pop into my mouth a grape that had a bee or yellowjacket on it. It's sting on my tongue alerted me quickly to spit it out. Thankfully I do not have an allergy so my tongue did not swell.
S has already processed some of the grapes and is going to do the rest today..then to bury all the jars for 5 months. My dad put together a slideshow of our gleanings...

No comments:
Post a Comment