~My house gets messy (insert gasp here). No, I don't mean just a little bit messy...we are talking hurricane messy. And it gets this way a.l.o.t, as in daily. I work and work and put my children to work, but it takes microseconds for it to fall apart again. My cabinets and closets have minds of their own, because I organize them and come back and everything is shifted around messy again. I find unmentionable things under my couches, in the closets, corners and under beds. Finger prints and dirt marks appear just moments after I have cleaned them. And this is the neat freak mama talking here. I love it p.e.r.f.e.c.t.i.o.n. But, the Lord is breaking me of my own will and molding me into His image through my precious little ones.
~My children bicker (another gasp here). I am a daily referee of their many fights and squabbles. We train and work on love in our home, but we are definitely a work in progress around here. (I just had to take a break from this blog to deal with an issue) Don't get me wrong, they love each other and are the best of friends, but there are many, many selfish squabbles that we have to deal with.
~I am tired and overwhelmed oftentimes. There are days when I cry at the drop of a hat (or the next spilled water cup). Days when I do not know how I can possibly accomplish this great work. But, I remember the promise that those who wait upon the Lord He shall renew their strength. It is in my weakness that He is made strong.
~I am not supermom (you knew that already so you don't need to gasp) I can't "do it all", so there are things that just don't get done. I am not one of those moms who can be involved in every homeschool event there is, my children are not all virtuoso violinists, I do not have a beautiful flower garden, I do not bake all my own bread...you get the idea.
~We use paper plates almost every night (Loud gasp now!) Yes, we started this when all the children were little and have continued it. Even though I have a dishwasher and bigger children to help now, it makes our lives much simpler to keep "Dixie" products in business.
~Many times I look at other mothers and think they are doing a far superior job than I am. But, then I am reminded that God chose me specifically to be the mother of my children. He knew that I was the perfect fit for these precious little souls. My weaknesses as well as my strengths are specially suited for them.
~I have to apologize to my children on a regular basis. They see plenty of evidence that Mama is a sinner, and I have to go back to them and ask their forgiveness.
So there you see some mom of 6 reality. This path we are called to live is not an easy one, to say the least. But, I was reminded again at our prayer meeting last night that we have an eternal inheritance. There will come a day of perfection, when we may rest. When we will experience the fulness of joy in the presence of the Lord. There will be no more sin, no more weariness, no more tears. But until then we must labor and the way is full of toil and sweat, falling down and getting back up again, by His grace renewing us.
Now, back to our regularly scheduled happy posts... :D

1 comment:
This encouraged me so much. Miss you SO MUCH. Wish we were closer and could chat.
Post a Comment