pregnancy calendar

Monday, October 19, 2009

The blessing of the Son/sun



After some rainy, cold fall days…we have sun today! This is such a picture to me of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son. When He hides His face, we feel our coolness, our deadness, and our hearts grow weary. But, when He turns the light of His countenance upon us, we are made glad in Him, our hearts are quickened and we are truly blessed. This weekend has been like that for me. Yesterday was our communion season, and I came weary, broken and empty to His table. My heart yearned for sights of Himself. He did not disappoint me. We were so abundantly fed at His table. Our pastor showed Christ forth in a faithful way. The Lord’s supper are Christ’s kisses to us. Two quotes that I loved from the afternoon sermon were these: "We need to fetch joy with the bucket of prayer." "We can suck much joy out of the various promises, from promise to promise as a bee goes from flower to flower."

The sun shining this Monday has refreshed me as well. The weather is crisp and cool and the sun is brightly streaming down over everything. For some reason the sun helps me feel motivated to those things I need to do. So, today along with overseeing school, I cleaned out the toy closet, went through winter coats and went through and put away a bunch of books that I was given. It’s been a productive day. Now, I am going to get dinner in the oven, and when S gets home we are going to have a brisk family exercise walk. Tomorrow a friend is coming over and we are going to school together and then play together.

I hope each of you have a blessed week!

No comments: