pregnancy calendar

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Vacation Venture

Well, the days keep flying by. We are getting ready for a nice vacation break that we are really looking forward to. Because of S's new job we have not had a long break since we moved here. So, we view this as a real provision from the Lord to have some time off. We are heading out in the wee hours of the morning on Thursday for Arkansas. We are so excited to be able to visit S's parents, as well as his sister and her family. The cousins do not know we are coming, so we are going to try and surprise them. It is a long journey, but we hope to make it all in one day. We plan on being gone about a week. It is so nice to have the break from school and the children can hardly contain their excitement

So this week is already been very busy. Last night we went into town and got some things that we needed for the trip. Yesterday and today I have also used this time to reorganize and assess the children's clothes. We have redone their drawers and it feels so nice to get that done. I have done loads and loads of laundry, cleaned out my refrigerator, etc. S has been getting the van ready, making a neat table for the children to be able to use on the trip. He is going to turn the seats around, so the two benches face each other with the table in between.
He is only going to work until noon tomorrow, and I will be packing. Then tomorrow night we will try to load as much as we can for an early start Thurs. morning. Since, not much will be open at all on the 25th, we are packing our food for the trip as well.

We are also having a young man stay with us for the next few days. He is interested in moving to the area to be a part of our church, and has been staying with our dear friends the M family in NC for a few days. We are expecting him soon tonight.

Many of you know that we do not celebrate Christmas, but something funny happened last night that I wanted to share. We were having pizza, because like I mentioned we were out running errands. My dear little E is just having the world of reading opened to her, so she sounds out whatever she can find to decode. Well, on the window of the pizza place, it said "Merry Christmas". E turns to S and says "Is Santa Claus' wife named Merry?" :)

I should mention is it COLD here! We are not in Houston anymore, that's for sure. I do not know the official low it has been, but I know that it has been in the low 20's in the morning, and that is not in the middle of the night!

I also had a little epilogue to my last post where I wrote out a day in the life of the E family. I mentioned that I fixed a meal and then called my dh. Someone wondered if my dh worked from home, and I realized it sounded like I called him to the table for the meal. No, as much as I would love it, my dh works about 25 mins away. I was giving him a call on the phone. :)
And on a final note...It is hard to believe it is soon to be 2009! May we live each moment for eternity.

No comments: