Today we had a really fun day. It started out slow, but I did not have any big plans. But, then it happened, I had an idea. I had thought for awhile about trying out the gym at the local leisure center, but never done so. We have been soooo cooped up lately because of the sickness. Then the last two days have been very rainy, flood warnings and tornado watches. So, I called up a friend of mine in town who homeschools several children herself and asked her if she wanted to meet us at the leisure center (why do they call it a leisure center, when it is a gym where you run around?) So, off we went...school books were dropped for another time, and we got ready to go. I stopped off at the dollar store to purchase a few more balls, Amidst the pouring rain we ran into the center with all of our equipment. And OH the fun we had! Running, jumping, throwing, yelling, shooting baskets, kicking balls. It is such a nice place, and there was only one senior there walking around the outer perimeter of the court. The children loved the fact that I got out there with all them balls and all them chillens too..."Mom, here!" "Mom", "Mommy!" We had a blast. Then our friends arrived and the moms sat on the bleachers and visited while all the children played. It was P.E at it's finest. Too bad homeschoolers never get socialization.
After we played and played, we said goodbye to our friends and headed over to Burger King. In this small town, we are entertainment I am sure. And today was no exception, There were several senior citizens enjoying their late lunch there too. I knew all eyes were on my little flock as I divided up all the food and handed out the grub. They might have seen the excitement all the children (yes even my oldest son) had over their Burger King crowns. And the delight there was in the happy meal toys. "Are they all yours?" (Now, imagine that...would you believe I have NEVER been asked that before? Good, I'm glad you didn't believe it) One of the ladies commented "I thought she had a kindergarten!" A sweet old man came up and even gave me a little thing that said "Jesus" on it.
On home we went for late naps for the littles, and schoolwork for the older 4. Some had more math to do, a journal to finish, books to read and so on. Mom did some read aloud and then Daddy was home. Mom headed out to go to Curves to workout. And Daddy surprised the boys by bringing home supplies for them to begin making homemade slingshots. They are even talking about selling them.
Now, all is quiet in the house, well except for my little D who is talking a mile a minute, but supposed to be settling down to sleep. But how can you stop him when he is blowing you kisses and telling you that the best place to keep a kiss is in your heart? S had to run out to help R out on his land...he got stuck pretty bad with his truck, He just called and they got him out and S is heading back.
Goodnight then to all.

No comments:
Post a Comment