pregnancy calendar

Friday, December 5, 2008

Peace Loving Boy / Wall-E


Night before last we had another bad bout with the sickness. D complained of a bad earache and was up moaning through the night and threw up as well. H had another round of the tummy troubles, with projectile vomiting and diarrhea. By Thurs morning I felt it was time to go in to the Dr. I was not sure if it was the right decision or not, but after the appt was made as the morning went on, the more lethargic D was, I knew we had made the right decision. D was just not right. Sure enough, D has pneumonia, as well as a bad ear infection. Poor little dear, he was really hurting. So after a long afternoon Mommy and the two little came home with 3 days worth of steroids, antibiotics and nebulizer treatments...and several rented videos to add something special. D even had to get his blood drawn. You have never seen a more mature, sweet boy about it. In the Lord's providence he had just watched me get some bloodwork, so he knew what to expect. I told him to be so still, and he was a gem. He turned away and did not look, like I had told him. When they stuck him, a little "ouch" and that was it. What a trooper.

He did not like his nebulizer treatments so today I told him about the indians that would smoke peace pipes. Now his Indian name is "Peace Loving Boy", so I will say "Peace Loving Boy, it is time for a smoke!"

He is doing so much better today. In fact, I was thinking, "Can't I take some of those steroids?" The boy has been absolutely jazzed this afternoon. Bouncing off the walls, wide eyed and feeling good. :) It gives new meaning to when you speak of someone acting like they are on steroids. His bloodwork looked fine, I spoke to the P.A today. Obviously, it shows him fighting infection, but otherwise he was not dehydrated, etc.

Tonight we watched Wall-E with the children. S and I had previewed it last night to be sure it was ok. It definitely has a political agenda on "save the planet" , but it is really creative and cute. As we knew he would, especially W was fascinated by all the robotics. They were so excited to watch it.

I will say goodnight for now.

No comments: