Just a brief post to say we are still sickies over here. When you have 8 people in one house, this stuff keeps going round and round. Now it appears we have another virus as well with congestion and icky coughs that go with it.
So mama has been parceling out some really gooey, savory concoctions to build up the immune system, and cut the congestion. I have some fun names..."Fizzy pop" is a mixture of vit C and acidophiles. Fenutea (pronounce fen-you-tee) is my fenugreek tea with honey. Then there is the herbal combination for congestion...the olders can swallow the capsules, but the youngers get a nice gooey honey mix (I can hear the song "Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down...) And they LOVE (NOT) the cod liver oil...anyone got a great way to disguise this lovely stuff? Yes, dearies Mama really IS loving you with all this! :)
I have been busy cloroxing around (cloroxing is now a verb at our house), opening windows, doling out meds, spraying a homemade disinfecting...and of course, overseeing school, which still must be making steady progress.
Today I was reading our lunchtime read aloud book, and H needed to use the bathroom. She sweetly comes up to me and says "Can you pause it?" Hmmm, wonder if we have been watching too many videos?
Seriously, this bout of sickness has really shown us how sickness and health are in the hands of the Lord. We can do what we can, and use the means He gives us, but ultimately He is the one who will lift this affliction from us, in His good and proper time. I have been speaking to the children about examining our hearts, for we are to learn through the providences what He would teach us. "Be still and know that I am God".

1 comment:
Poor things! Sounds like Mama is doing a good job, though.
We had some virus go through our home. Baby and J are still down with it. Mama and Daddy never got it!
Post a Comment