pregnancy calendar

Monday, May 31, 2010

Monday Misc. and "Losin' with Lemons"

I have hardly had a moment lately to be bloggin'.  Things have been a bit escalated around here.  
~First, my sister and her five children arrived safely from the UK and it has been so great to have everyone enjoying each other.  The children have played and played at VERY high speeds!  :)
~My brother graduated and drove here and spent two weeks with us all.  He and Holly have left and are soon to be settled in at his first stationing in Virginia.
~Mom and Dad hosted a "shindig" for Holly and Jon while they were here.  P made beautiful cupcakes and they had a houseful.  After most of the guests were gone, they opened their gifts.  It was a very wonderful time together.  P made an absolutely gorgeous quilt with their wedding picture and all the air force symbols on it.  I made them a wedding scrapbook album.  It was a joyous time.  We enjoyed the two weeks with them immensely and are so excited for them as they begin their life together.
~D turned 6 and we had a big "camo" military birthday party for him...a big crowd of family and friends and lots of fun.
~Our church had a psalm sing the following Friday night.
~The next day was our Keepers At Home...learning homemade strawberry jam and we went strawberry picking.
~We left for Tn on Thursday afternoon and headed up for spending time with Steven's side of the family--the children got to go swimming, visit Uncle Tommy's farm and ride a donkey, a four wheeler, see lots of hunting dogs, and enjoy their second cousin.  We had wonderful food and laughter at Uncle Jimmy's, had a great visit at Aunt Bess Ann's (not to mention the best stack cake), and enjoyed spending time with so many family members.  Saturday was the actual reunion...Aunt's Uncles, first-second-and third cousins, brothers, sisters...the list goes on.  And food, food and more food!  We arrived home very late Sat. night.
~Yesterday at church we invited our dear friends the Broyles to come spend the night so they could spend Memorial day with us.  We had such fun today..shopping, ping pong, watching "The Young Victoria" and grilling hamburgers for supper.  We surprised S and had his birthday a couple of days early.  I secretly passed around horns and on cue everyone pulled them out and blew them.  Stef had secretly baked and frosted a chocolate cake and it was yummy!

So as you can see, that is just a few things to have going on in two weeks time.  Can I say I am a little bit exhausted?  But, we are so blessed and filled to the brim with mercies.


And now for the announcement.  I plan, Lord willing, to do a brief daily update blog the next ten days because I am embarking on a ten day cleanse.  Several in our church (including my dad) have done it with good success.  In a nutshell: The Master Cleanse is such a simple program. First, squeeze Fresh Lemon Juice, then add Rich Maple Syrup, andCayenne Pepper into Pure Water. Drink a minimum of six to twelve glasses throughout the day whenever one is hungry. Take a laxative, morning and evening; or instead of the morning laxative, you can do the Salt Water Flush. Every day of The Master Cleanse that you overcome the psychological need to eat, you feel a growing sense of control that motivates you to complete the process. The Master Cleanse is by far my favorite of the Detox Diet Recipes.


I hope to shed several pounds through this and am excited and hopeful that I can actually do this.  I have never done anything like this though.  So we shall see.  My father-in-law is so sure I won't be able to finish this can do this that he is going to give a dollar for every pound I lose.  Hmmm, think I can lose a hundred pounds?  
I hope to do this for 10 days...but it can be done as long as 40--but no, 10 sound plenty long right now.  So tonight I savored my last solid food for a long time.  And tomorrow, well, I hope to be a little lighter and healthier.  :)


So for those of you interested, I will try to do a daily update on my progress. "Losin' with Lemons".  And for those of you not interested?  I am still going to update. :)


Who wants to join me?

No comments: