Due to our landlord needing to relocate for a year or two we have been given 13 hens. The children are ecstatic to be the proud owners of this brood! Each has picked out their own to name and love on. (Can you love on a chicken? apparently so.) Here are their respective names. J's chicken is "Tom Cruise", W's is "Mel Gibson", R's is "Shirley Temple", E's is "Bindi Erwin", D's is "Rocky Balboa" and H's is "Rosie" (H names everyone and all her dolls, Rosie). Other than H's I guess you can tell that their theme was to name their fowl family after actors. (never mind that these are mostly male actors and these are hens). We also have a rooster coming soon whom Daddy has named "Foghorn". Yesterday they spent a good bit of their spare time down at the chicken house. I drew the line though, when I heard squacking and cackling inside the house! I love chicken (especially for dinner) but NOT in my house! :) The best part of the deal for Mommy is that they are laying eggs! Yes, people, we now get to gather eggs each day. Yesterday they brought in 9 eggs. Our little homestead is growing now with 6 children, a dog, 13 hens and 1 rooster. Oh yes, they also lost some of their shoes and coats in the bales of hay yesterday that they need to go searching for today....ahh the joys of country life!

No comments:
Post a Comment