pregnancy calendar

Friday, December 11, 2009

This and That Friday

It's been an interesting last couple of days here. W started complaining of his throat hurting and then Wed afternoon he showed me a big goose egg on the side of his neck. He did not even want to turn his neck, it hurt him so bad to even touch the area. So he and I stayed home from prayer meeting and had a nice quiet evening together. We worked some puzzles, I made him 3 mugs of hot peppermint and honey tea. He took a hot bath and later in the evening I wrapped his neck in a castor oil poultice. (He wasn't thrilled about that, but later told me it was not too bad.)

The next morning when he was still in alot of pain we decided to take him in to the Dr. I was not sure if we were dealing with strep throat or possibly even the mumps. It turned out to be either a bacterial tonsillitis or strep. The Dr did not culture for strep, because he said that either way they were going to treat it the same. So both W and J came home with antibiotics. (J was started to get swollen glands as well). They were thrilled when I came out of Walgreens (where I dropped the prescription) with a small battery operated air hockey game. They have already played and played and enjoyed it so much. The whole family has actually. W is already feeling so much better today, we are very thankful.

Today we are back on track with a fruitful school day, even though I feel very tired. This afternoon I have done some catching up on correcting the children's assignments. In fact, I got out my papers, pen and stickers to get all ready. Left the room for a minute and came back to see H doing the job for me. She was putting a sticker on each page. I guess she figured all the assignments were done well. :) Always my little helper! Anyhow, our system works like this. The children do their assignments, put their name and date at the top, and put them in the "homework bin" that is hanging on the wall. Then, I go through and correct them and put stickers on them. This is what I was doing this afternoon. We have a big trapper keeper type notebook with folders for each child in them. Today after I corrected their work I put their pages back in their folders. One side of the folder is for papers they need to go back over and correct, the other side are the papers ready for filing. On "filing day" then, they have to take all their papers and put them in their correct notebooks. They have notebooks for Literature/Language (Lat and Lit), History, and Math. I need to make them one for Latin still, since we are doing that now too. If I were more organized I would use the trapper keeper all the time, but often times the children just are given their piles to file. :)

After I did some phonics with D and H this morning, I set them up with playdo to have some fun. I told D it was very important that Bonnie not get into the playdo, because it could make her sick. His response? "It's not a vegetable". So, I guess he thinks BB (Bonnie) only can have vegis? It's makes me think of the scene in Wallace and Grommet where Wallace is chanting "Veg Bad, Veg Bad!) LOL! I had a cute picture of them playing playdo that I took on my cell phone (my only camera right now) but it is not wanting to send it online for me to be able to put it up here. Maybe later...

Some of you might be wondering about Baby Sita. Well, all is very quiet and calm right now. I have not felt very sick or tired this pregnancy and it has me concerned that things might not being going well. I am right where I was when I lost Baby Sieta. So, I am waiting on the Lord right now. I will probably call a midwife early next week and try and get an appt, because after Tuesday they should be able to hear a heartbeat. We will hopefully have an idea then if the baby is alright. This has been a real exercise in waiting and trusting in the Lord. Waiting has always been hard for me. And He is sanctifying me as I must rest in His timing in revealing to me His will. As I have said before, however long He gives us this child, we will be thankful.

We are looking forward to seeing my brother soon. He arrives on leave from the military school on the 19th. We are so excited to spend some time with him!

Then the 24th we are going to start our trip to Arkansas. We are planning on driving partway the evening of the 24th, and then driving the bulk of the miles on the 25th. We are looking so forward to the break and getting to spend time with our dear family! We plan on returning home the 2nd, Lord willing.




Tonight we are having beef stew/soup and I might make some biscuits to go with them. And we are having a family movie night. I rented from netfliks the movie "The Apple Dumpling Gang"...remember that old movie with Don Knotts in it? It's fun showing the children some of the favorite movies from when I was a little girl. After the children go to bed S and I are going to watch "National Treasure" which was recommended to us by a friend. So it looks like it will be one of those cozy winter nights.


Well, I guess that's all for now. The children are in playing air hockey, and E is making peppermint tea for some of them. I am so looking forward to having S home tonight! I love weekends! That's all for now!


No comments: