I thought I would write one more post in 2009. Tomorrow will be 2010. Somehow that seems like such a futuristic age. Even the sound of it...2010, makes me think we should be flying around living like the Jetsons. Remember the Jetsons? I have to say I would not mind pressing a button and having my full meal come down a track and plop in front of me when I wake up in the morning.
Anyhow, we are here in Arkansas on a much needed break. We have enjoyed such a wonderful time with family. The children have had so much fun playing with their cousins, going bowling and to the children's science museum. They have played the Wii more times than you can count. From the minute they get up till they crash into bed they have had a blast. And don't forget Nonie's home cooking. It's enough to make anyone feel like they have landed in the land of "comfort food". In the words of my facebook status..." spending time with family, apple stack cake, playing the Wii, pumpkin pie, clothes shopping with your mother in law, peanut butter balls, watching movies, warm fireplace, homemade lasagna, doing sudoku, ice cream, laughing and enjoying one another, peanut brittle, more Wii, pizza, chocolate chip cookies, port whine...ahh, this vacationing is hard work!" LOL! I got some laughs out of my mispelling of wine in that one. :)
On a more serious note. I miscarried this week our sweet little Sita. It was a much harder miscarriage than my previous ones. I was basically in a type of "mini" labor for three days. It has exhausted me on all fronts, but I am very thankful the Lord sustained me through it and has brought it to closure for us. This has been a valley for us, and I will not pretend it has not been hard, because it has. But, we have a great God who is good, and there is much reason for thankfulness. He is continuing to perfect His work concerning us all.
Tonight we are heading over to my sister-in-laws house for our new years eve celebration. The children are excited, because they get to stay up till midnight and have sparkling cider in champaine glasses.
On the topic of new years resolutions. I would commend to you our friend Andrew's blog . Andrew has posted the new year's resolutions of Philip and Matthew Henry. Matthew Henry is my absolutely favorite older writer. I have been so blessed by his commentaries and feel that he has been a real mentor to me. I wanted to copy and paste a bit of it here, but blogger is resisting me, so I will just send you Andrew's way.
My new year's resolutions. Well, I could list many, many but here are just three..
1. To become even more intimately close to the Lord Jesus Christ, to hear even more His voice as I read His word, and to draw nearer in prayer than I have before.
2. To redeem my time more faithfully than I have this past year. Every day is hastening by and my children are growing so fast, I want to learn how to spend each moment to the glory of God.
3. Back to weight watchers! The Flat Belly diet I had started and dropped because I was pregnant was not producing the results with my friend who continued it. So I am going back to the tried and true WW. There is a new branch that opened up that is near where I shop anyway, so I am excited to jump back in this new year.
Those are just three of my desires for the new year. So what are your new year resolutions? Post a comment and let me know!
Until next year then!

No comments:
Post a Comment