pregnancy calendar

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Quick update

For those of you who have been daily, hourly and minutely (haha) checking for updates from me...I know, I know my blog has been very silent and boring lately.  But, I have two good excuses.  1.  I have been very morning sick and life has been on quite a standstill.  My days have consisted in keeping my tummy happy (which is not easy) and trying to get a little bit of normal life accomplished.  :)  I did end up so incapacitated by the nausea that I had to go in to the Dr who put me on Zofran for the nausea and Unisom to sleep at night.  The zofran has helped tremendously and I am so thankful.  But, the mommy-has-been-hit-by-a-truck feeling is still there and so I my moving around resembles one of those slugs that kinda creeps slowly across the room.  :)  But, I am happy to say that I am 9 weeks and things seem to be going well.  I am going to be researching midwives and making a final decision as to my caregiver soon...and look forward to hearing a heartbeat in a few weeks, Lord willing!  My belly is already filling out and so this little one is making himself known.  For the record we think this baby is a boy.  S has guessed with every child and been correct each time.  He says "boy".  Also, we did a magnet test which some are convinced is very, very accurate.  It also says "boy".  So, we shall see what this little pumpkin is.  :)

2. My second excuse is that my computer screen on my laptop broke.  Thankfully, we have full warrently, so it is in the shop being repaired.  I am keeping up with email through my phone, but that is not very conducive to long blog posts.  I still have pics to put up from J and E's birthdays...all in time. 

So a couple other bits of news.  Our church is hoping to move into our new building soon.  There is a problem with the floor which we are trying to get fixed (the carpenters botched the application of the stain) so we are delayed a bit, but are really looking forward to getting in there.  It is going to be such a nice place for us.  At the rate our congregation has been growing, we are going to need a bigger place in the not too long future though...it's a good problem to have.  We are having a congregational meeting tomorrow night where we are voting on the election of a new deacon and two new elders possibly.  This would make our whole session to be local, which would be wonderful.

So there is a little update of the E happenins'    Hopefully you will hear more from me as I start feeling better in a few weeks.  Bye for now!

No comments: