Well here I am again, popping in to let you all know I have not fallen off the face of the earth! My computer is still in the shop...it came back to Best Buy after the screen was fixed and failed a mother board test, so of course we told them to send it back...so two more weeks it is! I am borrowing Stef's computer to update this. Hopefully, I will be up and running again before too long. So let's see, several bits of news...
We have been really sick lately with a nasty upper respitory infection. This was the first time that we took all six children into the dr at the same time...S took off work early and we looked like a parade walking through the drs office. Antibiotics for all 6, and two cough syrups later we arrived home. The coughs with this virus have been so very hard! Never have we had the violence of this cough before. But it is going around everywhere. It has been well over two weeks now, and we are still coughing. Apparently, even after they are over the initial sickness, the cough lingers. Now this preggy mama is coughing...
I am 11 weeks pregnant...only another week or so till I should feel some relief from the morning sickness! Yahoo! We have found a midwife that I think I will really like and she came out to the house for the initial visit. She and another primary midwife work together and will do either a home birth for me or a birth center birth. It is up to me. I go in to tour the birthcenter and have my first prenatal on Monday. But the best thing is....We heard our precious baby's heartbeat!!!! I am so thankful to the Lord that He has seen fit to preserve this little life so far. We already love him. I say him, because it is Daddy's prediction (and he has been right all six times) that it is a boy. And the magnet test also said boy. :) I am definately growing out of my regular clothes and it is time for maternity clothes to make their appearance. I am so looking forward to this second trimester.
Fall is in the air. The nights are gettting cool and the trees are beginning to show change in color. It has still been quite hot during the day...but the autumn is surely beginning to take hold. I can't wait to go outside during the day and feel the cool breeze on my face. I have put out my fall decorations in the house which is a nice change.
It's muscadine time again! The vines are being harvested and the owners told us we can come whenever we would like to pick. So tomorrow we are going to get our scupernong grapes! S is all ready to make and bury his famous wine and we are excited! You have not tasted anything till you have S's homemade wine. :)
These next several weeks look to be very busy. We have our deacon ordination this Lords Day, a baby shower, birthdays, the state fair, S and I have a couples night one weekend, the girl's piano recital, our church's communion season...it's shaping up to be a busy fall!
And the Lord has given us some direction in a major area of our life, which I will be sharing very soon....

No comments:
Post a Comment