pregnancy calendar

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

This is my beloved and this is my friend

On this day 15 years ago I married my best friend and lover!  I would do it a hundred times over again.  I am so blessed to have married a man that loves the Lord with all his heart.  His devotedness as a husband shines through in his care for me, and he is a wonderful father to our children! The verse that meant so much to me when we were first married was "Shall I not seek rest for thee, my daughter" in Ruth.  I truly found rest in the house of my husband.  Now here it is 15 years later...in the blink of an eye.  Our love is deeper, richer and even more comfortable.  I love you, the dearest of all men!

This is one of the psalms that we sang at our wedding:

1    God's mercies I will ever sing;
          and with my mouth I shall
     Thy faithfulness make to be known
          to generations all.

2    For mercy shall be built, said I,
          for ever to endure;
     Thy faithfulness, ev'n in the heav'ns,
          thou wilt establish sure.

3    I with my chosen One have made
          a cov'nant graciously;
     And to my servant, whom I lov'd,
          to David sworn have I;

4    That I thy seed establish shall
          for ever to remain,
     And will to generations all
          thy throne build and maintain.

5    The praises of thy wonders, Lord,
          the heavens shall express;
     And in the congregation
          of saints thy faithfulness.

6    For who in heaven with the Lord
          may once himself compare?
     Who is like God among the sons
          of those that mighty are?

No comments: