We love you both so much! As the children were making cards, E had made and acrostic of the word, GRANDPA. She says, I already made my "stick"! I thought that was so cute! They are busy making cards this morning. I wish I could communicate with my dear brother today. It is a big birthday for him..21. But, because he is at boot camp, there is no ability to communicate other than letters. I hope that he knows we love and miss him, and are thinking of him today.
Its a busy week here at the E home. We had friends over from church on the Lord's Day. Their transmission on their vehicle started acting up again, so they ended up staying the night and then most of the day yesterday. We enjoyed being with them, and schooled together yesterday. Last night we had our pastoral home visit which is always a huge blessing. We enjoyed the visit so much. I served a blueberry pie, they loved the crust, which is Nona's recipe. Tonight we are getting together with Dad for his bday. Tomorrow night is church. Either before church Wed night or Thurs. we are going muscadine picking at the vineyard. Do you remember me posting last year about the huge vineyard near our house that we were so warmly received at? We get to go again this year. S wants to make even more of that wonderful muscadine wine...it was so delicious! Then Friday night S and I are having a double date with some friends from church. There is a Christian film showing called The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry. Gavin MacLeod (from the old TV series The Love Boat) has an amazing testimony of how the Lord converted him. He starred in the movie Time Changer, which is a phenomenal film. Now the same producers have made The Secret of Jonathan Sperry, with Gavin MacLeod again. So, we are going to go for dinner and movie with our friends on Friday night. I am REALLY looking forward to it.
I was thinking about how the Lord is using the different ladies in my church as such a blessing to me. They each have their different strengths that illustrate the body of Christ. There is JP who is going to come on Friday mornings and we are going to teach our children Latin together. There is SV who called me yesterday and was such an encouragement. There is LW who is going to do weight watchers again with me. There is WA who is my scrapbooking buddy (even though we have not had time for it) There is SD who comes once or twice a week to help me in the home, and comes each Lord's Day evening with her brothers for fellowship. So many, many women God is putting in my life as a blessing to me. I could go on and on. We truly are like a body, each having their strengths and places within the church.
So that's an update from the homefront. We have the windows open and it is a beautiful day! Gotta go and make some lunch for this crew now.

No comments:
Post a Comment