pregnancy calendar

Friday, February 27, 2009

I am still here

Yes, I am still here. Life has just been tremendously busy. H had a WONDERFUL birthday. I have lots of pics to put up eventually. I really need to do two slideshows but they will have to wait a bit. We have had company all week, and are expecting more this weekend. Our church is having a psalm sing on Saturday so it is a full weekend coming up.

Lets see what new...

B is reading one of my favorite books as a child (the first of the Betsy/Tacy series). It's strange when your children reach a point where they are doing things you enjoyed as a child. I don't know how to explain it, but it's well, just an interesting feeling.

I have set up a responsibility chart for each of the children which is saving me alot of "words". I can just gently remind them of their charts and they are responsible for making sure they get checked off during the day. It has taken such a load off of me, and is teaching them to take responsibility. The things they check off are everything from their teeth getting brushed, their basic school subject, etc. My favorite one? The box that says "What can I do for you, Mother?" :) I found the neatest website that lets you customize your own charts, with pictures, different size fonts, and your own "chores" or responsibilities. Here is the link: http://www.dltk-cards.com

Today we are getting our schooling done, and I am going to be trying to spruce up the house to prepare for further guests. We also have colds in the house again.

A couple quotable quotes before I close:
H was showing a friend her new dolly from Nona..."It doesn't have a suckifier" (pacifier) so cute!!!

I sat down with D yesterday when I had a few minutes and started showing him how to sound out words. He had told me a few weeks ago something like this "I can't read books, I can't read the Bible, I can't read anything!" so anyhow, I started in on some basic phonics. He was so delighted. "I did not know learning to read was this much fun!" Awwww.

1 comment:

Kelly @ Growing.Learning.Playing. said...

D is so precious! My oldest was talking about him just the other day. We all miss you very, very much.