pregnancy calendar

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

This and That Tuesday

Haven't blogged in a bit, so thought I would dash off a quick update from Green Acres...er, I mean Greenville. :) What have we been doing lately? Well, Saturday we enjoyed going over to some of our dear friends from church and spending a lovely afternoon with them and another family from church. The fellowship was sweet and we came home exhausted and yet refreshed from a fun filled afternoon.

The Lord's Day was filled again with mercies from the Lord as He fed us through His gracious word. We enjoyed having one of the single men from church over for the evening.

Yesterday was busy with school and all the duties that come with a Monday. I have started a new laundry system. The children are now doing their own laundry. Monday and Thursdays is the boy's day and Tuesday and Thursdays are the girl's day. They do their own from start to finish. Then I am just responsible for S and mine, as well as towels and misc leftovers. We will see how it works, but I think it will be good.

Since we were busy on Saturday we decided that Monday would be our Valentines Day. S had taken me out to dinner on Friday night (my dad came and watched the children, thanks Dad!) We do up Valentines day big around here for the children, and it has become a real highlight. I go to Dollar General and fill them "goodie bags" with toys and fun items for them. We have special desserts and decorate. They make valentines for each other. It has become such a fun family tradition. I took several pics so I hope to make a slideshow of our enjoyable evening last night. The shrieks and delighted giggles were worth every effort.

So today we are attending to our school this morning. This afternoon we are heading into town to get a carpet cleaner. I never would have attempted this years ago with only little ones. But, I have two strapping boys now to help me tackle the challenge. So, we are going to take a deep breath and try to spruce up our carpets later on today. P, don't laugh. I can do a few things mechanical....I am learning to sew aren't I? :) I will let you know how it goes. Hopefully we won't end up in a sea of bubbles.

That's all for now...

No comments: