My Trip to Washington
Personal Narrative: September 23, 2008
A couple of weeks ago, my family and I visited Washington. We had some great fun. Let me tell you about it.
It was around 4:00pm. I looked around, and saw a white house with a porch, and two cars in the gravel driveway. Our van pulled up, and Dad shut the car off. All of us climbed stiffly out of our vehicle. The Myers, some of my mom and dad's old friends, came out to greet us. I was really eager and expectant! I said hello to the children, and shook hands with the father and mother.
Jackson, who was seven said, "Wanna see my room?" My brother and I both said, "Okay", so we headed off to his room. A few minutes later, we went to the basement with Jackson's sister Katie, and my sisters. We played tag and hide-and-seek for the rest of the day.
Three days later, we went to Washington D.C, since the Myers live in Virginia. First, we had lunch by the Washington Monument. Then we purchased tickets to go up in it.
Our monument tour didn't start till 6:30 pm., so we went to the Capitol next. Most of the Myers stayed behind for this event, since they had been there several times already before. But, Jackson and our family went right up on the steps! We took a few pictures, and I said, "Is this all marble?" I thought that it was quite a historic place.
Later, we went to the Washington Monument. We waited in line, checked in the tickets we had purchased earlier that day, and rode up to the top. The view was heart-stopping. At 555 above the ground, the people were 1/4 tall, it seemed. The Capitol appeared to be 6 inches tall and 4 inches tall.
Eventually, it was time to go back to our home in South Carolina. We said goodbye to our good friends. On the way home, we took a break from our journey at the famous Stonewall Jackson's house. Later, we stopped at our friends, the Wilson's house, for a few hours as well. Finally, we arrived home. I fell asleep before my head touched the pillow, to dream about all the good times I had in Washington, D.C.
The End

No comments:
Post a Comment