pregnancy calendar

Friday, August 8, 2008

Friday Evening






This could be me after a week of heavy homeschool planning. Nah, it's not really that bad, but I sure have been in the thick of it. (No, in case you are wondering that is NOT me.)

This would be our dear darling children tonight during our "End of the summer reading program celebration." They were so excited about getting their medals at the library, and since that did not work out (we went on the wrong day and getting all of them back in there the next day wasn't going to happen, plus, I don't think they actually read enough to qualify for the medal part) we had our very own rewards night. So, they each got their medals, a book mark and we all piled in the van for an ice cream treat! Whoo Hoo! It was great fun and the children were so thrilled. Oh, for the simplicity of being thrilled with a dollar general plastic olympic medal. These are the memories. We ate, ate, ate on 8-8-08.


Oh, and a couple more quotable quotes.. as I mentioned poor J had a yellow jacket bite that caused his whole hand to swell. It made him pretty miserable, and he told me "Mom, this is offending me, I mean, like if your right arm offends you, cut it off." I remember a time when someone years ago said "the boy speaks in King James" I mean, years ago when waiting for a baby, he asked "Has she come forth yet?"


Then tonight, S was surprising me with a miniature rose and D in the checkout says "This is going to knock Mommy's socks off!" It cracked the checkout lady up! I was wearing sandals, by the way.


Tomorrow I am off all by myself for a day of shopping to gather materials for this year. I have one friend that works at BJU that has picked up several items for me, to save me a trip. Then, there is a consignment shop a bit away, where the lady is setting aside several things and giving it to a friend of hers who lives in our town, so that saves me another trip. Then tomorrow I am going to another store that seems from the website to be really good size, to fill in all the gaps. Then on to Walmart for all the paper, ink, pencils, notebooks, staples, tape, glue, paper clips, markers, well, I think you get the picture. So, Daddy will have what they call "dadventures" with all the children and I will be by myself (can you imagine?)


TTFN!

1 comment:

The Mom said...

LOL to the pic of "you" frazzled by home school planning - it looks very much like how I feel a lot of the time right now!

And I was amused too at the "dadventures" idea. We call Saturday "Dadaday" (some child's idea from many years ago)