If you were at my house right now...
You might see:
Three little children settling down for their naps
Herbs on the counter with little measuring cups for the littles that have gotten runny noses in the last couple of days
School books laying around in different places, ready to be put to use soon
A half cleaned out closet that will hold school supplies
Clothes and sheets to be folded on the rocker in the living room
My three older children on their knees around the coffee table, sorting through all the crayons, pens, markers, colored pencils (throwing out the old broken dried up ones, and putting the active ones in their respective bins)
My dad and I working on the computer putting together graphic touches to the daily schedule I have made.
Messes all around that speak of a houseful of love
You might hear:
The chatter of the olders as they are discussing their respective project ("face all of them up on end and then you can see them" "This is erasable" "But they don't write too good")
The whirr of the fans in the sleeping children's rooms
The washer and dryer in full activity
You might smell:
The linger of our breakfast of eggs and toast
The aroma of the coffee I made for my Dad and I this morning as a treat (we made a deal: he was given this delicious coffee with butterscotch and chocolate flavor in it. If I made him a cup this morning, I got to have one too. :) )
The leftover salmon patties reheating in the toaster oven that Dad is having for lunch
If you were at my house right now you would behold a family with each one building up their own little places of the wall (see Nehemiah). Each little task is significant for the Kingdom of Our Lord. Each little one is precious in His sight. Each labor done for His glory is of eternal value...including the labor of the one not here, but at his calling, plying his trade for the support of his family. If you were in our home around 4:30 this afternoon you would see and hear ecstatic little children and loving wife running into the arms of their favorite man. This is our home.
So leave me a comment and tell me what you would hear, see and smell at YOUR home right now??

1 comment:
In our home right now...
It's very quiet because it's 5:44 am. My husband has gone to Men's Prayer at church and my pot of coffee is beginning to brew.
The home school room is very organized. I have been working on it all week and if we don't actually start school on Monday, it will stay blissfully neat and in order. There are 2 desks in the home school room. They are those desks where one person can sit and you can shove your books underneath in a cubby. My little girl L who's 5 is so excited about being in K that she sits in her desk and does phonics sounds form the alphabet letters I put up. The other student for that room is never found there on his own. W has an aversion to books and learning, sigh...
Out 4th grader's desk has been moved into our home office so he can have some quiet. With 2 kiddos 5 and 7 years in the home school room , he will need his space this year.
The oldest young man in our home will be going in to his senior year at the local high school. You could see some college brochures on his floor if you were here and clothes of course. He's considering going away for school and I am praying that the Lord's will be done in that choice.
I am not sure if I stayed with the "what you would see theme" in my post but at least I posted! Coffee's almost done and it's time for me to converse with the Lord. Thanks J for your blog!
S
Post a Comment