pregnancy calendar

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Last Day of an Era...


No, I really don't have time to blog, but thought I would quickly dash off an update. We are definately to the countdown now...


Today was S's last day at work. They had his goodbye lunch at Texas Land and Cattle. A dear friend from church babysit so I could go (Thank you PH!) It was really, really nice. Let's see-- Onion strings and nachos for appetizers, bread and butter, caesar salad, steak and lobster tail, garlic mashed potatoes, and cinnamon applecrisp with ice cream on top...YUM! I am very glad I went and weighed in at weight watchers last night and not tonight. (BTW, made that second five pound star!)


They said some very nice things about my dh, and he also gave a speech. And then, he had them all give ME a round of applause! Wasn't that sweet? It was a very wonderful time. I especially thought that it meant alot when a couple of the men commented on how S had taught them in the area of fatherhood. THAT is more important than any career achievement. Afterwards, I went back with S and we picked up his last things and said the goodbyes before heading off into the sunset (ok, not really sunset, but it sounded romantic!) :)


So, now on to the busyness--tomorrow and Thursday is all we've got. Friday it sounds like it is shaping up to be when the "big load" will be. Lot's to do before then, but first we are going to have a relaxing family night with the children.....


3 comments:

Kelly said...

What a wonderful lunch you were able to enjoy! Such a special time; I am so glad that P watched the children for you so that you could do it.

Missing you already . . .

farmgirl said...

Wow, that food sounds delicious! We missed you on Monday at KoF. Tell W and R that Mrs. F says hello. Take care

BTW I still have not figured out that feedburner thing...
S

Fulshear-Simonton Homeschoolers said...

Or...last page of a chapter. Monday the E's will complete this chapter and turn the page to a new chapter and discover the unknown, wonderful things that God has laid before them. I am quite certain that life a Spring Meadows will be wonderful! New friends are already waiting and excited! I am thankful that the Lord has allowed our paths to cross and feel blessed to call you "friends". We are pilgrims, yearning to please our Lord as we travel. Though we may fall we have "friends" there to put out there hand and help carry our burdens. As I drove home from helping load the truck the traffic and hectic drivers didn't bother me. I was just reflecting on all the memories of our "friends". All of the M's will cherish those times and look forward to visiting Spring Meadows. May the Lord Bless you and keep you. ~jt