10:41 pm...about 12 hours since my last post. Wow! What a day and are we ever tired! I am typing this in a dark hotel room as my children are finally getting settled and sleeping. S is downstairs waiting to hear from the emergency road service to come and put on a new tire on the trailer. Yes, you read that right. :)
It all started out as planned this morning. Packing, loading getting things ready to go. After I posted on the blog we finished up and locked up the house..one last picture and we are ready. We headed over to my sweet neighbor's house (Hi A!!) and she had lunch prepared and ready for us. She had watched the children and let them play over at her place all morning...so great for us getting ready! So, she sent us on our way with full tummies. After another goodbye --more tears, we drove away from our home of almost 2 years. I must say, I really have loved the community we were in. The Lord gave us some wonderful memories there.
So, here we are...on an adventure. Daddy and children in the big van with the cartop carrier on top, and pulling the trailer. But, wait....something is not right..the trailer is fishtailing left then right, then left then right! When I call S to tell him, he is battling to keep the thing on the road. Now picture, Houston traffic (6 lanes!) six children, having to use all your might to keep your vehicle on the road, and your wife calling you from behind on the cell phone...she is panicking wondering what is going on! Is the trailer overloaded? Is something wrong? S has to slow down to a crawl (ok, it was a fast crawl, but compared to other Houston drivers..) to keep everything in control. Now picture a crawling caravan with Mama coming up behind with the flashers going. :)
I had noticed that his tires on the trailer looked low, so we pulled in to get them air. The man who checked the tires declares "This tire is bad!" What? The tire is about to go. So, we call Uhaul and are told where the next place is we can get it switched. When we arrive in that town and give the place a call...they are closed! Are you laughing yet? Well, you either had to laugh or cry.
At this point, S thinks we can make it to where we will stay for the night. Putting the air in the tire really helped and he felt like we could make a go of it. So, on we plodded. We pulled in to our hotel and finally landed to roost overnight here in Louisianna. After a dinner at IHOP the children are settled down and mama and daddy are "TIRED"! S just came up and said that someone will be here within an hour to change out the tire.
So, we may not have made the best time today. We may not have had things as smooth as WE would have liked. But, it all has been exactly according to how the Lord would have had it. The day has gone perfectly according to his plan. And we are all safe, healthy and in a nice warm hotel room. Now...to "RETIRE".

1 comment:
Oh J! I guess moving is never without its trials . . .
I just came downstairs after going through all of the clothes you gave me. Am I ready to cry yet? You bet! I am up to my arms in E family clothing and I miss you like crazy.
Hugs. I sure hope this day's travels go much better.
Post a Comment