pregnancy calendar

Monday, May 4, 2009

Take me to the River....

Years ago the children got Daddy a fish that sang "Take me to the river...drop me in the water." I was singing that this past Friday...

I decided to go on a walk with the children. We have a river about a 1/2 mile from our house. We meandered down the backroad through the trails that we enjoy going on. So far though we had not found a good access to the river. The boys on Friday explained to me that they had found a beach area if I would just go and see. So, I followed them and sure enough there was a little beach. What followed was one wonderful Friday afternoon having an impromptu river day. I sat on the beach and dug my feet into the sand and water. The sheer joy that my children had as they giggled and laughed was music to my heart. What a gift the Lord had given to us! Here are a few photes of our fun!

They played with frogs...
swam and swam...
splashed each other...
dug sand wells...

Here E is covering herself up...
more sand fun...
A Graybo mummy...

And Daddy got in and took them upstream on a river adventure!



They found the sweetest little new addition to the family. He now resides in our new terrarium. I will post a pic of him in the next post.



No comments: