
Well, the time has come. Today I am losing my helper. :) SM is loading up as I type this and heading over to start a new life, keeping house with her brother in the home he just bought. We are going over to see their place in a little while. It sounds like it is really a nice place and I am very happy for them. We tease them that it is our new summer villa.
I will miss having her companionship during the day. It's funny, SM is such the morning person, and I am so not. So she would already have been bustling about before I made my appearance in the mornings. A pot of coffee would be brewing. And I don't know, but there is something very comforting about that, that I will miss. And yes, now I have to get used to cooking and doing laundry again. Actually, this summer we are going to be focusing on some more training of the children so that they can get quite proficient at these things.
Last night we had a housewarming party for them. It was a fun time to get together, fellowship, bless them with gifts, and enjoy yummy desserts! So I wish the Lord's blessings on this brother and sister during this new chapter of their life. I am glad they are living only 10 miles away and will be popping in and out often.
So our plans for today? Going over in a bit to SM and J's place. Then we are coming back over here. I think if the weather holds out we are going to try and go down to the river for a swim. The girls will get to wear their new swim dresses in the water for the first time. We are celebrating Mother's day on Monday with my parents, but S mentioned he might want to do some things for me today...so we shall see. And then tonight S wants to let the boys watch The Patriot. We got a new device called ClearPlay. It is a DVD filter that takes out bad language and violence, etc. It is wonderful! So, we are going to let them watch a filtered "The Patriot". It really shows what the men went through in SC to fight for our country's freedom. And I think it is important for the boys to be prepared should they need to stand for freedom once more.
Tomorrow of course is the high day of the week for us. The Lord's Day--the queen of days! We go up with expectation to hear from our Lord. What a blessing that we can gather with His people and be taught of our Redeemer.

No comments:
Post a Comment