pregnancy calendar

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Tales of a Tuesday

We have had a nice week so far. Yesterday was our normal all day- several stops- exhausted by the time you get home-day. :) Actually, I did not feel as exhausted when we got home as I sometimes do. It could have something to do with the fact that I had good news at WW. Was kinda discouraged last week cause I had gained 2bls. But, since I was losing inches at Curves I knew I had to be patient. Sure enough, this week I had dropped 2.8. I also got my little 16 week award for sticking with WW that long. Another 2/10th of a pound and I get my 10% award...they do all these things to encourage you. Anyway, it always makes me feel so good when I feel like I am making progress. (grin)

Today we had a nice relaxing morning. I made pancakes and we used some more of our berry syrup that I had made from the blackberries we had picked. Then after family worship we got ready and went into the library. We had worked hard reading lots of books for the summer reading program and we wanted to turn those records in and get new books. We did so, and they each got their weekly prize. But, what they really want is the metal they receive at the end of the program.

The children did so well at the library (I have been trying to teach them that we WHISPER is the library) even H did so well. So, after we got in the car I told them I was going to get them all ice cream. So we ran back home for a little over 30 mins to have a peanut butter sandwich, then headed back in to get our treat. It is nice to be so close to town to be able to do that. We went to the little cafe that the homeschool family owns and operates in town. They have a great selection of "Hersheys" icecream. They all got peach cones and I got a strawberry cheesecake icecream cup. It was a nice little outing, and everyone enjoyed it. So now they have lots of new books to read as well.

The littles are sleeping and the older three are cleaning the kitchen for me. The weather today is so nice and tomorrow is supposed to be record lows...with a low of 57 tomorrow morning...not bad for July, huh?

It's a special day for us here, but I will save that for another post....

No comments: