pregnancy calendar

Monday, March 16, 2009

Introducing...






Well, what have we been doing lately? We have been... well, let's see. We have been busy. Yes, I know, life with 6 children is always busy. But, there is busy and then there is busy? KWIM? (that's: know what I mean, for the non cyper people) Life goes on at the usual busy pace and then the fast forward button gets pushed and things accelerate even more. Eventually life goes back to the normal busy pace again.

I guess the biggest change this past week is that we added a member to our household. No, I know what you are thinking. I did not keep a big secret and have a speedy pregnancy. Especially when this new member is just a few years younger than I am. Yes, I would like everyone to meet SM. Her brother has moved down here to be a part of our church and now she has moved down here to be near him and a part of the church as well. She is living with us until such a time as he finds a house for them to buy and settle into. In the meantime, I get such a blessing with her being her. Being in the kitchen has never been my strong point and SM loves to cook and is very good at it, I might add. As we are planning meals, "Would you like me to make homemade rolls with that?" Or then she might offer to make a peanut butter pie for dessert. It does not take me long to think of the answer to those questions. Yes, I would say it is a benefit to get sticky buns for breakfast on a Saturday morning. Just don't tell weight watchers.

Lest you think that all I think about is food, I must add that SM has a very sweet personality and is a wonderful friend and companion to me during the day. I am really enjoying her. The children are thrilled to have their toys back in their rooms, since Miss S's room used to be the playroom.

We also have had other company this week and this past Lord's Day after church we hosted 7 singles at our home. When I commented to S that we must be the singles hangout because we acted so young, he replied, "No, it is because we have the food!" LOL! Our church really has several singles in it now, and it is a blessing to see how they all encourage and love each other in the Lord.

The children are doing fine. J commented today that my two littles are like chemicals. By themselves they are fine, but put them together and they are dangerous. :) They really are a cute pair together, I just have to keep up with their next adventure.


School is going well. We are on the 8 week homestretch. I am ready for spring and summer. BTW, there are a couple of families that have promised us a visit (you know who you are!!) from Tx. Well? What date should we mark in the calendar for you?


What do I have on the calendar this week? Well, normal school, hosting guests, and a little sewing project is just begging for me to find the time for. I always have trouble finding nice long skirts. This past Saturday SM and I went to the local thift store and I bought a big denim jumper that I am going to try my hand at getting creative with. I am going to cut the top off and make into a skirt. We shall see how it goes.


Oh, one more thing. Back in Tx I had R for a few months a part of a group called Keepers at Home. It is a really neat mother/daughter group where they study and learn all kinds of skills to prepare them for womanhood. It is set up similar to girl scouts with a handbook of their projects, and they each have sashes with their badges as the accomplish their skills. The focus is on biblical femininity, with their motto being "To learn to walk in the steps of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Day by day, moment by moment, in every situation." I have been coordinating to get a group started here with the moms and daughters of our church and we are having our first meeting Saturday morning, here at my house. This time E is old enough to also participate so she is thrilled. We are starting out with 8 little girls.
Well, that's all for tonight. Post a comment and let me know how you are doing?






No comments: