pregnancy calendar

Saturday, March 22, 2008

We were like them that dreamed....

Greetings from beautiful South Carolina! It is getting late here on Saturday evening, but I wanted to blog a quick update. It has been an amazing trip already, we have felt still like we are in a dream. We drove 17 hours the first day, went to bed around 1:30 am, then got up and drove the final 2 1/2 hours the next day. Every second has been so full! The rental home is perfect for our needs as we settle into this area. Big, nice house on country land, beautiful trees and wooded privacy, only about 4 miles from SpringMeadows...we are so thrilled.

The Psalm sing last night was absolutely marvelous...the fellowship was WONDERFUL, it began at 7 and when we left at 11pm (!) there were still people visiting...this is a unified, loving body of believers. I have to tell you too, that the home where we are staying has the richest hospitality. Wendy (the mom) has outdone herself in making our stay comfortable. She even did our laundry today! W doesn't know it yet, but she has also made a cake for his birthday Monday. I asked her if she could take care of my labor with my next baby someday, she has done so much for me already. LOL!

We spent the sweetest time of fellowship out on the M families property today. The M family, the C family and my mom were out there with us. The children drove the golfcart EVERYWHERE, played football, D even has his motercycle out and was giving rides. They ran and ran, we talked and talked, and now we all have red faces from lots of sun. :)

We walked all around SpringMeadows today and were filled with rejoicing in the goodness of God to us in giving us such a property. People might think we were crazy buying land we had never seen, but we felt so sure that God had laid it in our laps, that by faith we felt led to go ahead. Well, today was the accomplishment of a dream as we walked that property. It is breathtakingly beautiful! The hills and rolling land, spectacular forests and sparkling creeks were just so perfect. S and I waded in the creek and felt as though we were living in a dream. S already is talking to RM about how they are going to make part of the creek into a swimming hole. My favorite part of the creek is an area where there is a little falls. When you sit there and listen to the running of the stream falling over the rocks it is splendid! H got an initiation by falling head first into the creek (don't worry it is shallow :) ). I think she was reaching for a rock or leaf and plop, there she was, like a little weeble with her bottom sticking up in the air. I pulled her out right away but her little head was soaked and she was not happy. Sorry, H but we just had to laugh!

It really was a special time and as a group we all stood together and S prayed and thanked the Lord for this gift..the land is consecrated to the Lord. It is our desire to use it for His service.

Well, It is late and must move on. I took lots of pics of the land today to make a slideshow. Then tonight I can't find my camera!! I am hoping it is in our friends van that I was sitting by today.

May each of you have a blessed Lord's Day and wonderful next week.

1 comment:

The Mom said...

HI, what church are you joining? Do they have a website?
love
H