pregnancy calendar

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Meow!


Today was one of those days where the Lord has bends in the road that you did not know were in store for you. The day began similar to the last few mornings. I have boxes and boxes of homeschool books that I got down out of the attic that I need to eventually begin to work through. I also have a sewing project my neighbor asked me to do that I was going to work on at naptime. But, when my day got going I just felt like “doing something”—do you have those days? So, we decided to leave all the morning mess, load up the bikes and head over to SpringMeadows. We stopped on the way to pick up Stefanie and see if she wanted to come along. I threw food in a laundry basket with a quilt to have a picnic at our property. As I went to pick up Stef she had baby kittens that they were trying to get rid of, I asked if we could take 3 along to play with out at the land. Needless to say, they were a hit with the children and they had the best fun playing with them out at SpringMeadows. They played and played, we picnicked and took a walk to the creek down at the back of the property. We finally decided to make our way towards leaving by going over to see Randy over at their land. He is building their house as many of you know. The older four were delighted that I let them bike over there single file, with me driving the van behind. We then headed back to Stef’s. After much pleading Daddy consented by phone to getting 2 male kittens (no baby kittens in the future that way!). Stef came back home here for the afternoon with us with the intention of Joshua coming for dinner and picking her up. Well, the 8 of us (10 when you include our new kitten family members) arrived home to a house with NO electricity. We waited and waited and played with kittens (the two littles napped). Still no electricity. Daddy arrived home to find two little kittens dressed in doll clothes. We decided to take all our food and head back over to Stef’s place to have dinner over there instead. Right as we were driving out of the driveway…the power came back on! By now everyone is geared up to go to Josh and Stef’s so we headed over there anyways…with the Kitty’s again because we can’t just leave them at home alone. After a nice meal, fun time with our friends and the baby kittens again taking their leave of their siblings we piled back in the van to head home this evening. Now our two new members of the family have their little food and water bowls, some scrap t-shirts to sleep on and a litter pan in the kitchen. They get to enjoy inside life for a brief couple of days while they get used to us here…then they will begin life as outdoor kitten’s here at the E home. So there you have our day….

No comments: