So what does a homeschool mama do, when her son is an inventor already and interested in everything that he can get his hands on about engines, mechanics and machines? Well, for science she assigns him to read about small engines, combustion and gas powered engines. But, then what does a homeschool mom do when that spurs lots more questions from her son? "Mama, does just a little bit of gas come through the spark plug to make an explosion?" Uh, this mama is about a non-mechanical as possible. But, I do think that is right, so I say. "Yes." I think that is right. But, then I am amazed at this 9yos confidence in his mother, that he would so sweetly ask me all these questions. Mama, must know, cause mama's just know. I am so glad my children think that mama's just know. Yes, there are times this is not the case, and the challenges will come, but for now I am enjoying the fact that my son who already knows more about how engines work then I ever will, assumes that mama just knows.

No comments:
Post a Comment